Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hello. So, it's been a while since the last post, but rest assured, nothing too special has happened. In the recent weeks we have done Romans and both Corinthians, and are now starting to work on Hebrews. The Corinthians were a lot of fun, but 2nd Corinthians was a little smashed together because we only had three days to do it (because of Thanksgiving), while studying for a test at the same time.

I think the biggest thing I have gotten out of the last few weeks is the importance of Jesus' sacrifice, and what that actually meant and how it worked. Romans and the Corinthians do a great job of explaining what Christianity is and how it works, and how certain parts (ie the resurrection) are not negotiable in regards to our faith. Hebrews is only expounding on the topic by showing that Christianity is the only way, and that Jesus surpasses the law and anyone else from the Old Testament in terms of his importance. Seeing who Jesus really was and what he did has been big for me, because I never really understood before.

So that is pretty much it. I'm gearing up for the last three week stretch before our Christmas break, so please pray for strength and endurance in order to finish this quarter out on a high note. And always, that I would get a lot out of what I am reading, and not have it just be words in a book to me. And, the awkward part, please pray for my finances, as I still have to pay for about half the school.

Thank you and God bless.

-Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment